Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Friday, March 19, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief - Greek mythology treat !!


Greek mythology always finds lovers, be it me or some random professor or this hyper-excited friend I went with to watch the movie. Not only was I watching the movie, I had a Greek encyclopaedia beside me giving all the info you possibly could need. :D :D

PLOT :The film opens with an exlposive argument between Zeus(Sean Bean) and Poseidon(Kevin McKidd) where Zeus accuses Poseidon's son of stealing his Lightning bolt and asks him to prepare for war in 14 days if he doesn't return it. Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman - needs acting lessons) is a dyslexic high school who has a thing for water. One day, on his visit to a Mythological museum, he is attacked by one of his teachers when another professor Mr. Bruner(Pierce Brosnan - Yeah, the james bond guy !) saves him and sends him off along with Percy's best friend Grover(Brandon T. Jackson) to a camp. Percy, like all of us is in a big confusion as to what's happening when his single mother also forces him down the camp but in process is killed. He joins this camp where he meets many demi-gods - Luke, Annabeth amongst others and also Chiron who is none other than Mr. Brunner, a centaur. All this comes with a shocking truth - Percy Jackson is also a Demi-God - he is Poseidon's son and also, accused the Lightning thief. Together, all embark on a journey that could change the world or horribly destroy it. Who stole the Bolt ? Does Percy win his mother back ? Well, like always. . . Go catch the movie !!

Chris Columbus, director of movies like Harry Potter and Night at the Museum dishes out yet another special-effects filled treat with awesome moments and cool dialogues. My only complaint is, the movie felt really short and is not what you expect from something that's so hyped up.

FAVOURITE SCENE : The iconic scene with Percy controlling water and throwing it on the Lightning thief is really cool !!

RATING : ***1/2

I guess I made my bunking day purposeful. :D :D Want my advice ? Watch it once, if not for anyone - at least for Uma Thurman as Medusa and the awesome pen-Sword!!

No comments:

Post a Comment