Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Monday, November 30, 2009

The pineapple Tree

I know everyone's life is one big highway,

But I will never forget one particular day.

I travelled into the lush green woods,

Leaving behind all my brown bag's goods.

I saw birds,animals and plants of all kinds,

And hyenas eating the leftovers with no dividends.

But that's not what this special journey was meant to be,

I saw a very tall, cone-shaped pineapple fruit tree.

Who threw down a fruit, probably showing welcome.

He smiled at me and I smiled back, not knowing the outcome.

He showed me the sparrow's and cuckoo's nests, the big leaves,

I felt very happy for myself for it tried no peeves.

It was twilght and i had to go home before it was dark

I waved now to my friend, who suddenly shouted, "Mercy be!"

There was someone cutting it down, it was no one but ME !

It was at this point that I woke up from my sleep,

Realising that I had gone into it very deep.

Then a tear rolled down my cheek for my tree-friend,

Who had to meet his pitiful end.

I will never know what this dream meant or what it tried to show,

But trees are friends too, please dont let them go ! :(

2 comments: