Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Monday, November 30, 2009

Poem 3

The Happy patient


I was walking along the park, depressed that I was going nowhere,

When I saw a group of sick,probably ill people standing there.

What actually surprised me was they were all playing and having fun,

Saw several unhealthy kids, both boys and girls, and I waved out to one.

He came running and exclaimed, "Good day sir ! How may I help you ?"

I said, " Why are you so happy ? Don't you know you are dying like them too ?"

Without a change in his expression, he said, "They tell me I have cancer and won't live.

I cannot go to school or even play with my friends, and I don't have much time upon my sleeve.

But sir, instead of waiting for death which will come anyway I decided to enjoy God's creation,

No problem if it's short or long, healthy or unhealthy, and end it with utmost satisfaction."

So saying, the child ran back to the group and continued jumping and trying a cycle stunt,

I walked back home but could not help a smile, realising what I had learnt.

1 comment: