Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Monday, November 30, 2009

Poem 1

AS HE LAY DYING


From when he was young memories of which are now too blurry,

He always wanted to serve his motherland, his country.

So, after getting married he joined His Highness' army,

And served Himm leaving behind his father, his wife, his family.

Shortly, his country was in danger and so he was called for war,

The result of two kings' ego which had gone too far.

He bid farewell to his kid, knowing somewhere this would be the last time,

That he may see him again and hear his instrument's sweet chime.

And so he went and fought with bravery and valour for his Mother,

until I killed him and watched him fall down, watch him shiver.

He glanced at me and called me near to his side, gasping for breath,

And told me , " Son ! Please tell my people to bury me underneath.

Along with my sword and armor so that those who visit me may know,

That my sword, this war and bloodshed will frequently come and go.

But they will do nothing other than making a child an orphan and a wife a Widow. "

No comments:

Post a Comment