Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Getting away with Murder


The clock ticked in silence as I looked in awe at what lay before me, it was all dark except for a candle in the distance, I decided it was time to run,
I was scared, I was horrified, I was excited, I was feeling Evil again, I stood in horror as I realised I had to get away with Murder tonight; this was going to be fun.

I tried to forget what happened, but no, soon it hit me - I tried to place it in my head, I realised he was begging, he wanted me to make it go away, he was on his knees,
He told me he was seeing things again and they were scary, he told me in the light of the Moon he saw them, humming silently amidst the calm trees.

He broke into tears as he told me he lost everything in life, he told me how horrible the voices were, how cruel their treatment was, how sick their burning faces,
He told me that he tried to flee, he tried to sleep through but he still couldn't escape, he tried to forget but he still remembered the times, the pleasures, the places.

Death : that was what he had brought about, killing : that was what he had done, he said he was very sorry but they wouldn't forgive, the voices killed him inside everyday,
Amidst the childish cries, he told me to make them go away, he wanted me to talk to them, he requested I try and find out a way.

Suddenly he broke into endless laughter and pushed me away, suddenly he began to rise slowly and said the voices said they needed me, he ordered me to lay down my life,
I stood confused as he told me he was going to kill me, he said he had seen enough and heard it all, he silently walked toward the table and picked up a shiny Butcher knife.

He threw it toward me and asked me to cut through my neck, I began to panic and said this was madness, I said this was insanity, I told him how stupid was bliss,
He said Death was beautiful, Death was silent and peaceful, he asked me to just lay down and wait for It's song, that moment of Bliss.

I stood up and tried to run when he smiled and asked me to see the door; it was locked, I told him to stop all this as he began saying my life he would live, my mistakes he would mend,
He brandished the knife against the wall as he came walking neatly counting the seconds, he said he would tell me a wonderful story about a tiger and a goat and said wonderful would be the End.

I tried controlling him as I said this was not the right thing to do but he wasn't listening, he said the tiger killed the goat and Death today was the Tiger, and I was the goat,
He laughed again as he rose the knife and aimed for my heart, I pulled the knife and swayed it through this neck, he fell dead as I realized; I had cut his throat.

I looked around; the lone candle had burnt out, the key was lying on the table but as I walked toward the door, I began to listen to his voice, it grew harder and harder,
Running out of the house, I sat in the car and punched the accelerator, I didn't know about the rest of my life but tonight I was getting away with Murder.

3:)

No comments:

Post a Comment