Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Hunter


I stood amidst the woods, the Sun hitting my face, the heat burning me down bit by bit, I was only trying to blend in and submerge, I had to become one with the jungle, I had to stay still,
I was born for the woods, brought up for this game, tamed for the art of getting what I want, trained to be The Hunter and taught to live only to Kill.


Crawling down to my knees I let every thing around me die as I decided to become Earth itself, I left everything to my keen eyes and my sharp ears,
In the woods of the world, if you aren't as wild as the beasts themselves, they will smell you and find you, they will eat you raw and feast on your fears.

The leaves swayed amidst the wind, the wild grass moved hitting the air back and rabbits ran around trying to find food, but nothing mattered, nothing bothered me,
Suddenly I picked up a sound, suddenly I felt the legs move, suddenly I sensed it's movement and I pulled myself up to see.

A handsome deer had walked down, probably to taste the grass and go back, probably smell the lush green grass, probably trying to keep himself alive,
All his life he had escaped so he could breathe, all his time he had run to sleep peacefully, all through his battles he had tried to survive.

I became numb inside, I sat as silent as Death as I felt his mind working with my mind, his heart beat with my heart, his life blending into mine,
I slowly bent back and took my bow over from my shoulder and fixed my eyes upon the neck, I pulled an arrow out and aimed for his spine.

Dragging the bowstring back careful not to make any noise, I let go of the arrow as it went swooshing in the air and in to his spine, he cried as his blood dripped down and shone in the Sun,
He saw me : I saw him and he began to limp, began to try to escape but I knew he wasn't going to make it this time, he was mine; behind him, I began to run.

3:D

No comments:

Post a Comment