Welcome.

Undertaking a name I have always wanted to undertake, doing something I have always wanted to do.

The Starbearer

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Ghost Rider


Standing at the gates of Hell, I shouted out to Devil to give me my life back, to give me my damned soul back, to remove this pain; My life wasn't one filled with glory,
A burning skull, fire rushing through every vein in my body - ruthless, senseless and heartless; My name is Ghost Rider - Welcome to my side of the story.


Hell was no stranger to me : It's cries filled my dreams every night, the horrid tortures were my morning's breakfast, the stinking smell of it, my lucky dinner,
I have gone through this wretched place over and over to tell you this, my friend, once you get stuck here; there is just regret and there never will be a winner.

I now remember I used to have a name, a name destined a fame, a life destined for greatness, an enternity destined to be written in history, a name : Johnny Blaze,
I still remember the night I sold my soul to The Devil to save my father, my life has been played by Him since then : I am a rat walking in a freaking maze.

He has taken me for granted all my life; tonight, I take that back; He has burnt my body over and over again; tonight I take it back, my life spent as a slave; I take it all back,
The Devil is no longer my friend; he is my enemy and tonight I will take my revenge on him, his body I will writhe in pain, his smile I will wipe off, his head I will hack.

There was a time when I was in love too with a beautiful woman, today she's just a memory; there was a time when I had a face too, today it's just fire everywhere, today it's just hollow,
I am a Demon; I used to be human before but now I am hellbent to take my life back; for after the bad the good will come and after the rain The Sun will follow.

I am no hero; Revenge has taken over me, today - that's what keeps me alive, revenge keeps me going, in life there is no redemption for the curse I bear, for the horror I bring,
I am no hero; But I am trying to snatch what's rightfully mine, I am trying to be a person again, I am trying to feel humane again, out of nothingness I am trying to make something.

So, tonight, under the horrible bloodshed and the fiery fires that fill Hell, I will do what no man has ever tried; I will do what no God has ever thought of, I will tear the devil down,
Tonight, under the Great Orange sky and amongst the Evil monsters that inhibit hell, I will do what no soul will ever try; I am not afraid anymore; I will see the Devil - Eye-to-Eye, with a horrible frown.

All my life I spent on others' fear, all my days I have spent mastering the puppets in the wicked's hearts, all my nights I have spent as the Ghost Rider; not anymore, no more fearing The Devil's might,
With The New Dawn, a new Rider will rise, a new Soul, a Rider - filled with unlimited power, a Rider who is not The Devil's own, a Rider who will spend his Forever and Ever in good, a Rider who will make things right.

Standing at the gates of Hell, I call out to The Devil; not to do his will but to end his evil Reign, silence is all I hear from his side, He doesn't care anymore - well that's fine, that's very nice,
Sitting on my HellCycle, burning from head to toe, I break the doors open with my bare hands and rush inside; I have lived my entire life under Him, tonight, I will die if that's what it takes to make him run away from people, like scared mice.

3:D

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This was intense. I really found it interesting and the use of the terse language to pack impact was well done. :)
    Looking forward to reading some more soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sakhi. I will keep writing them and I hope you keep reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ghost rider happens to be among my favorites too...u wrote it well...
    looking forward for more such superhero insights from you...maybe abt daredevil or rorschach from watchmen....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big-time DD fan. Will surely write a poem on him, Vinay. Thank you for your lovely reply! :)

    ReplyDelete